BitCoin Friendly Cities Around the World
Many cities all over the world have taken to cryptocurrency since its inception a decade ago. The 17th million BitCoin, the most recognized cryptocurrency of them all, was mined last April. Now, there are only about 4 million BitCoins left unmined. There are close to 2,500 BitCoin compatible ATMs around the world now. The number was as modest as 500 as little back as 2016. One can only imagine the rate at which the common populace is adopting BitCoin by these figures. Some cities have begun to now allow you to pay for services and goods via BitCoin. Want to know which cities these are? Read on:
San Francisco, US
– California’s tech mecca boasts of almost 60 crypto ATMs, 29 of which are BitCoin ATMs. The city has 177 merchants and retailers who accept BitCoin as currency. It is also home to the company that developed the world’s most popular BitCoin wallet – Coinbase.
Los Angeles, US
– Los Angeles counts 145 BitCoin ATMs within its boundaries. More than 800 businesses accept BitCoins here. It also holds some 45 BTC meetups across the city for BitCoin aficionados to mingle and share the latest updates and trends about the cryptocurrency.
New York, US
– New York contains 117 BitCoin ATMs and over 500 businesses that accept BTC as payment. One of the oldest BitCoin exchange firms – Coinsetter was founded in New York. NYC also has its very own cryptocurrency – the New York Coin.
– Canada was the first country to come up with a law to regulate BitCoin exchange. Hence it is not a surprise that the place has a significant BTC community to boot. Vancouver has 48 BitCoin ATMs of itself and about 86 merchants that deal in BTCs. It was the first city to welcome a BTC ATM. The Quadriga CX BitCoin exchange is headquartered here.
– Although very little known, Zug is one of the most technologically progressive cities in the world. It is home to the headquarters of many top crypto companies. It is the first city to accept BTC as payment for taxes.
So now you know where to head for a slice of crypto-tourism. Many cities around the world accept cryptocurrency now, but the five mentioned above are the most welcoming of the virtual currency and encourage BitCoin commerce among its citizens.
Gustavo Fonseca loves anything digital and crypto-related which makes him sit up and pay attention. He got into the world of digital marketing and business digital transformation career in 2010. Some time later he got into Crypto, a dynamically developing segment at the intersection of the financial services and technology. Gustavo joined TheDailyCoins in September 2018.